Printer is Offline – HP Printers (Windows)
This document is for all HP printers and computers which run on Windows (Windows Support).
Article ID: – S2V-180307
Source: HP Printers Support
Issue: – The printer does not print and a status message of offline or printer offline displays on the computer.
Step 1: Run HP Print and Scan Doctor
If you have Windows 10 or 8, download a special version of HP Printer and Scan Doctor that was made specifically for helping with printer offline problems. Skip to the next step if your computer does not have Windows 8 or 10.
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Run HPPSdr.exe and Click yes to make changes and follow the instructions.
- Once HP Print and Scan Doctor is open, click Start, and then choose your printer model from the list.
- If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Retry.
- If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions.
- Click Fix Printing.
- Click Test Print and wait for the test to fail.
- Click No Print, and restart the printer when prompted.
Test print will fail and you will see the following screen
Click the right arrow for further steps. Product and software versions are for illustration purpose only.
- If the printer continues to go offline, follow the next step.
Step 2: Reset the HP printer.
Resetting the printer can help restore a connection to the computer.
- Turn the printer off, wait about 10 seconds, and then disconnect the printer power cord from the printers.
- Turn off the computer that you are trying to print from.
- Connect the printer power cord to the printer, and then turn on the printer if it does not automatically power on.
- If your printer uses a wireless connection, restart the router:
- Disconnect the power cord from your wireless router. Internet service will be interrupted while the router is not in service so don’t panic.
- Wait 10 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord to the router.
- Wait for the router’s network activity light to light and once LED are stable proceed further.
- Press the wireless button or wireless control panel icon on the printer to turn the wireless connection off, and then on.
- Wait for the printer to reconnect to your router.
- Turn on the computer and log in.
- Wait for 2 minutes and then try to print.
- If you can print, you are done.
- If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Set the HP Printer as default printer
The default print driver might have changed from the driver you installed to another driver, such as a Web Services for Devices (WSD) driver with a very similar name. Change the default print driver to your originally installed driver and confirm the printer is not set for offline use.
- Search Windows for devices, and then click Devices and Printers from the list of results in Settings. Facing issue with windows contact Microsoft windows support.
- Right-click the name of the HP printer that is active (not grayed out), and then select Set as Default Printer.
3 Try to print:- If you can print, you are done. If still its offline contact HP Printer Support to get your hp printer fix. Support options are chat, Email or call Hp printers support toll free to speak with hp printers support associate. Facing Issue with your Windows. Contact Microsoft support.